Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Weekend Treasure Hunt

I spent last weekend in a log cabin in the middle of the Scottish countryside, with my family.


We were staying near a lovely little town called Dunkeld and I just could not resist going for a rummage (and spending a small fortune!) in the unusual shops that the town had to offer.


Here's me braving the coldest May in history, discovering an Antique shop!


I came across another shop called The Little Curio Shop on Dunkeld High Street... and I fell in love with it! The shop was full of unusual pieces from 1950s picnic sets to antique dressers to vintage cake stands. But this really caught my eye:



She's a little lamp stand from the 1920s/1930s...


I'm reading The Great Gatsby at the moment and I can just picture something like this on Miss Daisy's side table!


I'd love to incorporate this pretty lamp stand into a Ziggy Sawdust creation... I'm thinking of keeping her as she is but play with the lamp + shade colours + designs... 

How about mixing colours like these with her pretty rose pink??


image found here


But the shopping didn't stop there!

I rumaged and raked in piles of old records and came out with this lot to transform into retro record clocks:


I found everything from Simple Minds to Elvis, from Michael Jackson to Tears for Fears.

My Favourite discs have to be Wham!'s Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go with it's lilac sticker:


And Roxy Music's Fifth Album Siren which has Jerry Hall as a mermaid on the sticker!


I better get making... soon I'll have more retro record clocks than you can shake a stick at!





No comments:

Post a Comment