Sunday, September 2, 2012

Findings from a Furniture Forage!


I went foraging for forgotten furniture recently and found a van load of treasure!

With a little tickle of my paint brush and some tender love and care, these pieces have some serious potential to be wonderful once again!

First up, a 1950's 'Beautility' Sideboard found with lots of vintage treasures inside!











Second, we have a Shrager Walnut Veneered Wardrobe and matching Dressing Table!




 beautiful hardware





 little glass faced, flip-up drawers with pretty flower handles!



Shrager furniture tag



It's needing alot of TLC, but I love this dressing table!




Any one who knew me when I was at art school, will know I have a thing for art-deco, walnut wardrobes!! I can't wait to rescue these pieces and bring them up to date :)

Next up, we have two very unusual Bedside Cabinets which will be tied together using colour and matching handles!








I also got my mitts on this 1950s Gateleg Table:






And this 1950s Coffee Table! Retro or what?!




And last but not least,  a stunning 1960s Dressing Table (that's in very good condition!) which made it's way to me via Christine at Ivy Rose Vintage!


I love this piece!



Oh I am finding it difficult to choose which one to start on first!! I dare say that all this will keep me busy for a while!

 If you spot anything that you would like me to tailor to suit your style and decor, I'd love to be of assistance! Any enquiries can be sent to hello@ziggysawdust.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment